Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hockey Night in Canada


Guy offered to make Peanut and me dinner on Friday and I agreed to bring dessert. I then learned that it was Guy's birthday so his husband Larry and I conspired to make a very special birthday cake. See, there's nothing that Guy likes more than hockey and he's got mad pride in his Canadian roots.


Though I could have made things look a bit prettier with colored frosting or candy, I was worried that it would be too sweet - especially for Guy who I knew wasn't the biggest dessert fan. So I decided to decorate the entire thing with fruit. In the center, the red in the Canadiens symbol is a "mosaic" of strawberry pieces.


Larry, Guy's husband, provided figurines to make the cake perfect - representing the Canadiens and Caps, Guy's favorite teams.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUY!

No comments: