Sunday, March 15, 2009

RSVP to Peanut?



Attendees: George, Cliff, and who is that other beauty in their arms?
Main:
A Roast

Side:
Salad and oven-baked rosemary french fries

Dessert:
LL's Chocolate Chip Bars


So, I joined the ranks of Budokon sensei's last weekend at a 3-day training workshop. I made new friends, saw some fierce folks break boards, and did lots and lots of Budokon! I was surprised, then, when Peanut invited George and Cliff over for dinner on Saturday night. He knew I wasn't going to be there to help out- what did he have up his sleave?


If there's one kitchen appliance Peanut enjoys, it's his mandoline; one of his favorite flavor combinations? Olive oil and rosemary.




If you have ever eaten with me you know that there are only two things I don't care for: olives and raw peppers. But, Peanut likes the latter and since he was in charge, featured some yellow and red bells in his salad.



Ah.... the main course: A perfectly prepared roast!



When I came home from my Budokon workshop, Peanut told me that I was responsible for one thing: dessert. He had the recipe and ingredients for a lemon creme brulee ready for me. And in the middle of making the custard, in my dazed state, I remembered: these will take at least 4-hours to chill. Good thing my mother had sent some homemade chocolate chip bars earlier that week, which were a HIT (and we had the creme brullee the next day)!




And now, for that beauty you saw above? Peanut and I got a puppy! Bindi, who brings so much joy to our lives, our home... and our dinner parties!

No comments: