Sunday, March 15, 2009

Me with My Ladies



Attendees: Betty & Vixen
Cocktail:
Juice of a few flowers

Appetizer:
Stilton & Quince, Crackers & Bread

Entree:
Spring Vegetable Risotto

Side:
Salad with warm mushrooms

Dessert:
Semifredo with Rhubarb Compote


It was high time Vixen took a break from hanging out with those Dogs in Virgina and meet Bindi for herself! I took it upon myself to invite Betty over, too. I met Betty last weekend at our Budokon workshop. When I saw that girl punch through a wooden board, I knew she had to be my new best friend.


Peanut had no idea what these were when i brought them home:



Typically Ina's cocktails rock, but Juice of a Few Flowers was a bit tart for my guests. But I did feel inspired using an edible flower as garnish.



Stilton is a pretty mild bleu cheese, and I thought it would be fun to pair it with quince. But, again, not a huge hit. See, I miss every now and again.



Thank god the rest of the meal was good! Risotto isn't the best idea for a dinner party, unless you don't mind putting your guests to work. I knew Vixen was up for the challenge.



What an awesome way to celebrate spring! (OK, fine, it's not spring yet).



Another Ina showstopper: a bed of arugula, topped with a slice of prosciutto, sauteed mushrooms, sundried tomato, and a chunk of parmesean. This salad is perfect for those vegetarian friends of yours who eat bacon (not that I have any of those... well, except for those two).



For dessert: I splurged the other day and bought for myself Sunday Suppers at Lucques (which, btw, has the prettiest cover for a cookbook ever). I think that Semifredo may be my new favorite dessert- it's essentially whipped cream mixed with custard and then frozen to resemble a cake. I served it with fresh rhubarb compote.



And Vixen took this amazing, iceberg looking shot:

1 comment:

chaatie said...

Bekah loves rhubarb! i think it's in season over here now.
New dog?