Sunday, March 23, 2008

Two in Twenty-Four: Family Easter



Attendees: Jalal, Chime, Lucy, Little Bird, 3-B, Sheik, Bean, Dolly, & Peanut
Cocktail:
Coffee, Orange Juice, and Mimosas

Main Course: Herb-baked eggs, chocolate chip coffee cake, hash browns, fruit salad
Dessert:
Frozen key lime pie


So, what's the best thing to do the morning after a dinner party? Invite ten people over for Easter brunch the next morning! That's right: a back-to-back dinner party/brunch combo- 2 parties in 24 hours! Not only are 3-B and I close, but so are our families. So when 3-B invited her brother and his family over, I had to extend the invitation to Sheik and Dolly. But secretly, it was all a ploy for me to see BEAN!




I let Little Bird hold her for a few seconds.


It was Easter, so I decided to use the Easter baskets I made for Bean and Jalal as part of the table decor (which is totally NOT a tablescape). By the time I took this pic, however, Jalal had already gotten to his basket. The one on the table is the one for Bean.



On to the food! The Contessa's herb-baked eggs are perhaps the easiest eggs to prepare for a brunch, and they are SO GOOD!



We tried to find a really good blueberry muffin recipe but had no luck (do you have a good one? Send it to me PLEASE! And make sure it has that sugar crusting on top!). Anyway, 3-B made this totally decadent coffee cake with chocolate chips instead.



Enjoyed by Chime and Jalal (where do you think Chime and Lucy went to college?).



Little Bird was in charge of the fruit salad. I think it looks beautiful.



So, even though the coffee cake had chocolate chips in it, I still had to make some kind of dessert. Cindy was in the Keys a few weeks back and told me she would buy me some key limes. Well, I've been thinking about (and waiting for!) those key limes ever since, so I broke out an old favorite: frozen key lime pie (which are actually not made with key limes).



HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments: