Saturday, December 13, 2008

Party Favors

Holiday season means holiday parties, and I like to bring homemade treats to party hosts brave enough to invite Peanut and me. Last year we went a bit overboard and gave a basket filled with homemade granola, butter cookies, a mix CD, and 2 cans of Sophia champagne:



This year, I wanted to give my hosts s'more- literally! L.L. had sent me a recipe for homemade graham crackers a while back from the New York Times magazine:





That were accompanied by homemade vanilla marshmallows, that were surprisingly easy:



And packaged along with some chocolate:

1 comment:

Sean McLeod said...

Served the homemade s'mores last night to guests and they were fantastic! Both the homemade graham crackers and marshmallows were like s'mores but so much better since they were homemade. Of course, I turned my back on the broiler and the smoke alarm went off before I even smelled what was happening, but that just made these treats truer to a campfire experience where you burn the outside of the marshmallow, peal it away and enjoy the gooeyness underneath! You have to post or send the recipes so I can steal your idea!