Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sweet Surprise

My colleague has a 12-year old niece who had some pretty serious surgery last week, and I thought "who deserves some homemade sweets more?"



BUT, I'm not used to making food for kids. What would a 12 year-old girl like? They typically hate meringue, right? I decided that sugar cookies were a safe bet (and I found a recipe for my favorite type: crispy on the outside, but gooey in the middle).



They looked boring all by themselves, so I decided to ice them and decorate them simply with some pink crystal sugar.



2-dozen cookies is a lot for one girl. So, I made 4 packages of 1/2 dozen each (so she could share with her sister and cousins, if she wants!). I got Peanut involved, too...



... designing her a special, personalized bag.

No comments: