Sunday, October 12, 2008

He just gets me!

I arrived home from a week away for work to the most perfect "bouquet" ever: a centerpiece of Twizzlers! Peanut just gets me!



So, I decided it was worth it to make him a simple Sunday evening dinner:

Appetizer: Duo of bleu
Main Course:
Roasted whole chicken

Sides:
Mashed potatoes and Caesar salad

Dessert:
Root beer floats




We both love bleu cheese, so i decided to compare a Danish Bleu (left) to a Stilton (right). With crackers, we liked the Stilton, but the Danish Bleu would be delicious spread on a baguette!



Don't mess with a classic- Ina Garten's perfect roast chicken (which I finally learned how to carve properly)!



With my mother's version of mashed potatoes.... well, maybe not as much butter as she prefers.



A simple Caesar salad rounded out the meal, with homemade croutons.



It's hard to take a good picture of a root beer float, but it was perfection with Gifford's vanilla... and the perfect drink for watching Mad Men!

We didn't look our best Sunday night, so I just thought I'd throw in a pic from our time in San Francisco with Mary a few weeks ago!

No comments: