Friday, July 18, 2008

Least Complicated



Javier, Ozzie, Peanut and I had lawn seats at the Brandi Carlile/Indigo Girls concert at Wolftrap. We collaborated to bring a picnic dinner - unfortunately, I had a hard time taking pics outside, in the dark, sitting on a hill, and with a plastic cup of wine in one hand.

Javier and Ozzie started us off with a baguette served with fresh cheeses, dip, and some Greek pine honey. Note Javier's finger, injured when mincing garlic.



Tropical fruit cup!



I stole this one directly from the Contessa- pasta, pesto, and peas, packaged in Chinese take out containers.



I also made my favorite peanut butter chicken with dipping sauce, but the pics did not do it justice. Nonetheless, the star of the night was dessert: fruit loop treats that I individually packaged, drawing the comment "that's so cute... and gay!" from the lesbians sitting behind us.



Good music and a good time... and Javier's got some mad air guitar skills.

1 comment:

Aman Chaudhary said...

Fruit Loops Treats!?

Now, that is made of awesome! :)