Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tres de Mayo!

Confessions from our Tres de Mayo Party:
1. The margaritas were a bit too strong.

2. There was a lot of butter in the cupcake frosting.

3. I know I'm responsible for three shots, but that doesn't explain the 9 shot glasses I washed last night...

4. I am remembering things from last night as I blog.


It started innocently enough on Thursday night, when I squeezed 36 limes...



And everything was o.k. at 7:00, when Peanut grilled the tequila lime chicken skewers:



And we came up with a beautiful spread:



I made Peanut take some artistic close-ups! These are my favorites:



Tequila lime chicken skewers.



Homemade guacamole, salsa fresca (blue bowl) and dessert in the background.



Dessert! Lemon bars, coconut cupcakes, strawberries with whipped cream.

And then Vixen showed up....



... and seduced me into joining her for a shot of tequila....



... and the countdown had begun.



PARTY PICS!!!!



This must have been early in the evening (Jason, Simon, my favorite Filipino Martin, Julio, and Gregory).



I am remembering Baker, George and Mountie asking me about a coconut.... they must have been referring to the cupcakes...



which were delicious! Me and Javier.



Charles, whose outfit I secretly coveted, and Lance.



Jack and George flanking H. Reuhl who arrived with treats from his store (including the shot glasses, though I am not holding him responsible) and a flower on his lapel...



... that of course ended up in Vixen's hair (with Peanut).



K-dog, Ryan, and Jeff rocking the shocker.



Mountie and Eliza, taking a break from saving the world, with Peanut.



I could not have chosen a more perfect pseudonym (Vixen, Ozzie, Javier, Wentworth, Vixen's roommate and her boyfriend, and Kenny).



But oh lord, do I have to come up with pseudonyms for all of these people? Here goes: K-dog, Ryan, Baker, Jesse, Antonio, Arthur, and the guy in the back who you can't really see anyway.



Definitely later in the evening, when I started taking "artistic" photographs, which in my world involve holding the camera diagonally (Gus, Wentworth, Kenny).



This is perhaps the cutest picture ever: Jesse, Javier, Peanut, and Gus.



I just had to post this one because I really don't get what's going on? Is there a race? Apparently, Vixen's roommate's boyfriend was as confused then as I am now (Vixen, with Ozzie and Javier).



I bet she is trying to get Smith to have a tequila shot, too.




... but she is so over Kenny.



Me, gettin' some lovin' from DJ.



Again, I could not have chosen a more perfect pseudonym (Vixen and Kenny).



And again, I could not have chosen a more perfect pseudonym (Javier, Ozzie, Vixen and Jesse).

And to think, this was only for Tres de Mayo, which makes one question what on earth is going to happen on Monday for Cinco de Mayo? ADIOS AMIGOS!

1 comment:

Vergie Bridges said...

Violet sends her regrets about missing the party. She was in NOLA. Her +1 was unable to attend due to finals. (By finals I mean, finally my brain and liver have come to an agreement)