Sunday, May 11, 2008

This little piggie went to a pig roast!

2 little piggies (Peanut and Rajeev) went to a wedding.
2 other little piggies (Guy and Larry) went to the same one.

These four little piggies were seated at the same (gay) table and became good friends.




Guy and Larry had a pig roast on Saturday! I was so excited- my FIRST pig roast! Peanut went out of town to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom, so I brought Javier who's been salivating about having his own pig roast since the day I met him. Thankfully Javier documented it all on his iPhone- my pics were terrible!



I didn't go empty handed! I made natural strawberry cupcakes with natural strawberry frosting, decorated like little piggies of course! Marshmallow snout (I stuck in 2 chocolate jimmies to make the nostrils), marshmallow ears, and mini M&M eyes. This pic is courtesy of Violet's friend--- Peanut & I surprised her at work on Friday night and gave her one!



I made a bunch. But I got showed up:



Yes, that's a chocolate cake. Everything is edible, including the marzipan mushrooms. I definitely need to haul myself to Chicago to get Rose to teach me a thing or two. And when we were leaving, Javier conveniently said something to the woman who baked and decorated the cake in Spanish that I couldn't understand... probably along the lines of: your cake was awesome and definitely cuter the stupid pig cupcakes and I want to hire you to bake my birthday cake but don't tell the Indian kid.



Whatever, only one of my cupcakes was left.

Still, my first pig roast! I can't wait to break out la cajachina for the next one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so torn between being repulsed and really proud of you right now.

Unknown said...

Hey, you beheaded patrick.