Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dinner and a Show



Attendees: Betty, Peanut, Pookey
Cocktail:
Fresh Whiskey Sours
Appetizer:
Cheese and crackers
Main Course:
Roasted leek and tomato salad with grilled tuna and a homemade creamy caraway dressing
Dessert:
Pear Crostata

Peanut and his coworkers Betty and Pookey are off to the big apple this weekend for a major furniture show. They have multiple events to attend in the evenings, so the ladies came over tonight for dinner and a fashion show, so that Peanut could let them know exactly what he thought of their outfits beforehand.




Dinner was inspired by these fresh leeks I found Sunday at the Dupont Farmer's Market (tough green parts trimmed off).



And since it's summer, I had Peanut grill everything (leeks, tomatoes, and tuna steaks. Are you totally impressed, Violet's Friend? I got Peanut to eat TUNA!).



Now this is my idea of plating: grilled tomatoes, leeks, and tuna on a bed of salad with a homemade creamy caraway dressing.




I was at a conference most of the day, so for dessert, I just told Peanut to go to the store and buy some fruit and I would try to make magic. He came home with New Zealand-grown pears. I decided that I would make up a pear crostata that I made in 15 minutes. Not half-bad... I think I am getting the hang of this cooking thing!

As for my favorite outfits:




Not everyone can pull of horizontal stripes, but Pookey can!



I am in love with Betty in her bubble dress.

And since everyone else was modeling, I thought I would, too. Me in my new favorite tee-shirt, home-stitched for me by my girl Rose!

No comments: