Sunday, November 9, 2008

The A-List



Attendees: Peanut, Violet's Friend, Jack, Cindy, and Rick (3-B and Little Bird surprised me by visiting from NYC, but left before I could take a picture with them the next morning!!!!)
Saturday Dinner:
Manhattans, Salad with Phylo-Wrapped Goat Cheese, Pot Roast, Moussaka, Potatoes Au Gratin, and Chocolate-Chocolate Cake (none of which was made by me)

Peanut's Sunday Brunch:
Mimosas, Filled Mini Pancakes, Hash Browns, & fresh sausages


I've been friends with this bunch for a very long time and was thrilled that they agreed to a beach weekend slumber party in Stone Harbor! All of them are cooks, and I know when there are too many cooks in the kitchen. So while they made dinner on Saturday night (and brunch on Sunday), I did other stuff like...



... watch a movie, and with my teammate Jack ...



... beat everyone in Scrabble with an amazing 7-letter (50-point bonus) word...



(ok, fine. Jack thought of it). All the while, Cindy was making a pot roast:





... served with potatoes au gratin...



... and goat cheese wrapped in Phylo (shown here on Peanut's beautifully arranged table).



Violet's Friend and Rick were also busy in the kitchen making a coffee cake...



... that amazingly turned into a chocolate birthday cake!



The next morning, we finally got to use the stuffed pancake pan loaned to me by a co-worker. We had two fillings: apple and pumpkin butter!



It was beautiful Sunday, so we got to eat outside:



It was a great weekend- thanks, A-listers, for making it so much fun!!! And now I know what to serve Violet's Friend next time she comes over:

1 comment:

Rosie said...

1. Do you love the stuffed pancake pan? I've wanted to try that!
2. 7-letter word on a TRIPLE WORD area of the scrabble board? That is praiseworthy!
3. I miss you to bits and can't believe it's been a year since your 30th bday bash. Hope RSVP will feature some birthday week treats!