Sunday, February 3, 2008

Heavy Hors D'Oeuvres

My friend runs O'Neill Studios, which every year throws an art show that benefits Autism Speaks. In my opinion, it's one of the best parties in DC... fun art, fun crowd, and all for a really important cause. This year, there was even live painting accompanied by a Mardi Gras Brass Band (I think they're the band that plays outside the Dupont Circle Metro in the summer- they are SO good)! They serve heavy hors d'oeuvres at the benefit, but we thought we'd start the party at our place with some of our own.

Carter and Trevor joined Peanut and me. Two of my lady friends were also supposed to attend but couldn't find parking--- damn Dupont Circle on a Saturday night!!!

For cocktails, I mixed 1 cup champagne with 1/4 up limoncello. Serve this over crushed ice and perhaps a raspberry or two.

The spread.... and me looking "arty" (Trevor's words).


Close-up: Italian bread with hummus and spinach artichoke dip. All store bought. What?! I had a busy day!!!

I also grilled up some chicken and served it with a peanut dipping sauce. I am having an obsession with peanut butter these days! Everyone seemed to like the dipping sauce, but there was something about it that left me wanting more. This picture also makes it look really red, like ketchup, which is one of the reasons I think I was unimpressed. Oh well.... onwards and upwards with the (culinary?) arts!

1 comment:

Vergie Bridges said...

HA!! I sought you out!!! I love that Peanut character of yours. Let me know when you are ready to reveal your culinary talents to the blogging world.