Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cupcakes are SO 2008



Before they become passe, & with Mountie's help, Peanut and I decided to have some folks over to ring in the New Year with cupcakes and cocktails (not that I expect the latter to go out of fashion any time soon). We started making them Tuesday night: Peanut couldn't have been happier:



Javier came over in the afternoon, after we went to the gym, to lend a helping hand. He described putting the glaze on the mini marscapone cupcakes like "painting a doll house, uh..., I mean, toy plane".




I named each of the seven cupcakes after a particularly person, and came up with labels to help describe them. For example, the "Classically Cliff" are chocolate with vanilla frosting. It looked like this:



And so, we had (in NO particular order, though Peanut claims his were the crowd favorite):

1. Peanut's Petit Fours: Marscapone with strawberry glaze




2. Holy Javier!: Banana with maple glaze



3. Classically Cliff: Chocolate with vanilla frosting



4. DJ Double D's Delight: Chocolate Orange with Limoncello frosting:



5. Martin's Missed Maturity: Vanilla cake with fresh strawberry frosting baked in an ice cream cone




6. Jack's Joy: Red velvet with cream cheese frosting




7. Mountie's Maple Mayhem: Pumpkin with maple cream cheese frosting.



I was too slow to get pics of the other folk who brought cupcakes, though think there was a peanut butter theme: Thanks Mountie, Lady & Emily, Billy & Scarlet, and Gregory & Big D!

And then, we popped the bubbly!




PARTY PICS!!!

I can't believe Martin actually posed like this :




So I quickly had to call on Vixen to de-nerdify my camera.




Peanut designated himself as bartender (with Tom with his sexy new stache in the background)



I was happy to be called upon to introduce our international guests to the concept of cupcakes: Jean Claude with Mountie.



Guy with my gym buddy Lou, who's still looking good even though I'm not there to crack the whip!



I was forced to pose like this for this picture to prove that I was wearing JEANS, not TIGHTS.



I was so lucky to have THREE of my yoga teachers in attendance! Anni-Frid with yoga teacher TranquilTim.



Yoga teachers 2 & 3: Billy and Scarlet.




Where's Peanut? Javier and Ozzie.




George and Cliff- sad that I didn't make coconut cupcakes, they found an alternative.



Dancing with Anni-Frid and Agnetha!!!



Cute pic of Lance and Charles:



A riddle: Which of these three people actually has a twin but has been previously confused as MY twin? Emily, Lady, and Zero:



Sparkles couldn't find any Whitney Houston on my iPod to dance to :(



How adorable! Whitey and James:



Peanut sandwiched by Anni-Frid and "wishes he could cook, and dance, better than me" Zero (as in, Zero Mostel).



Larry and Guy leaving:



So, the doorbell rang after everyone had left. I was still happy to see my boys Wesley and Elmer!



May 2009 be filled with many more dinner parties with family and friends!


2 comments:

Rosie said...

Love the cupcakes and the flavor combos... props on using a combo of decorating styles, too... including the use of a pastry bag! Were those knit jeans that I saw on Good Morning America as being the hot new jean for 2009? Trendsetter? Always.

Kenneth Hill said...

Great looking cupcakes!
The food looks good, too.

Miss you boys. xoxo Kenny