Sunday, January 6, 2008

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Attendees (From upper left): Seamous, Cliff, Mountie, Peanut, Sparkles, Liz, Baker, George
Cocktail: Prosecco
Appetizers: Cheese (Maytag bleu, Paranno, Dubliner Cheddar) & crackers, olives stuffed with sundried tomatoes, cajun mix (all store bought)
Dinner: Caesar salad with pancetta & roasted tomatoes, garlic bread (made by Peanut), spaghetti w/meatballs (mixed beef, veal, pork)
Dessert: Tiramisu (made by Baker)

After some festive drinking at Mountie's New Year's Eve party, I invited these folk to Peanut and my place (without asking Peanut, as I was reminded repeatedly for the next week). We attended a 3-year old's birthday party that afternoon hosted by one of the best cook's I know in Washington, DC. She practically threw me out of her home at 3 pm, when I told her I hadn't started cooking the meatballs yet, and had to stop at Vace on my way home to buy the pancetta.

Mmmm.... raw meat!!!

I had to have Peanut stand next to me while I browned the meatballs... I am still uncomfortable frying anything that requires more that 2 Tablespoons of oil!

Yay! Browned meat!!!

OK... so then I forgot to take pictures until we were nearly finished. Peanut thinks this pic is "disgusting." I think it is a visual representation of how much everyone enjoyed their meal. Ok, fine, it's my plate.

Baker made this delicious tiramisu! He told us he skimped on the rum and used only 3 tablespoons instead of 8, but it was still delicious!

Sparkles feeding Cliff some of Baker's delicious tiramisu!

My mother bought me this spaghetti for Christmas. I don't know where you can find it other than at the store across the street from my brother in Cambridge, MA, but it is DELICIOUS (and much better than the multigrain spaghetti Peanut bought last week). The packaging is pretty awesome, too.

No comments: